Use of Personal Information
Sonshine Community Services (Sonshine) believes the privacy of our residents, partners, and stakeholders is very important. Where applicable, we adhere to the Freedom of Information Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP).
Sonshine endeavours to use best practices and ensure that all personal information collected through this website is properly stored and protected.
Sonshine does not collect personal information unless it relates directly to and is necessary for an operating program or activity of Sonshine Community Services. Personal information collected by Sonshine is only used for the purposes for which it was collected, unless further written consent is obtained for alternate use. We do not obtain personal information about you when you visit our website unless you choose to provide such information to us. We do not sell personal information to any other individuals, organisations, or entities.
Sonshine is committed to maintaining the accuracy and security of our records and providing access to an individual’s own personal information according to the applicable requirements and intent of FOIP.
Sonshine’s acknowledges and thanks its donors publicly. We respect the privacy wishes of our donors and we maintain donor anonymity when requested. Requests can be made to [email address here].
Mailing List Subscription and Contact Information
The Sonshine website provides users the opportunity to sign-up for our newsletter mailing list through an online form. We do not share or sell the contact information you provide to third parties. You have the ability to unsubscribe from receiving these communications at any time.
Use of Website Materials
We welcome you to share information you find on this website, subject to the following conditions:
- Sonshine website content (“Materials”) shall not be used for commercial purposes
- Sonshine shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from the use of or reliance on any Materials
- Use of Materials shall be accompanied by appropriate source acknowledgement
- Materials shall not be modified or distorted and no action shall be taken with respect to Materials that are prejudicial to Sonshine and/or the author
- Links to other websites are provided for convenience only. Sonshine does not sponsor, nor necessarily endorse or otherwise approve of any information appearing within those websites
- Written permission must be obtained in order to use any Sonshine graphics, including logos and photography found on our website. Please forward any requests for usage to [email address here]
For the purpose of these Guidelines, “Sonshine Facebook Page” refers to the Sonshine Facebook Site (https://www.facebook.com/sonshinecommunityservices); and “Content” includes, but is not limited to, any photo, video, graphics, written or other information that is posted on the Sonshine Facebook Page.
- Sonshine reserves the right to:
- remove any posted Content at any time
- use its sole discretion in restricting or banning access to the Sonshine Facebook Page
- change these guidelines at any time
- No Content shall be posted:
- Where prior consent to post should have reasonably been obtained due to ownership, copyright, confidentiality, or other reasons, and was not obtained
- That contravenes privacy, copyright and any other laws
- That is inappropriate and/or offensive including, but not limited to, slurs, insults, obscenities, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning language
All of the above constitute “Prohibited Content.” To report the posting of Prohibited Content or if you are unsure as to whether any material you wish to post qualifies as Prohibited Content, please contact us at [email address here].
Sonshine welcomes your enquiries regarding this Privacy Statement. Any questions or complaints can be directed to [email address here].