Thank you to everyone who supported us in 2014! Highlights from last year include:
- 54 women and 53 children served through our residential program
- 289 volunteers (30 more individuals than 2013) gave over 3,750 hours of service
- Sonshine Family Day Homes celebrates 30 years of operations, with having achieved provincial government accreditation for 10 years and counting!
- Through improved fundraising efforts (after the 2013 flood caused many donors to redirect their giving to the urgent call for flood relief), Sonshine was able to report an excess of revenue ($1.7 million) over expenses ($1.5 million).
- “I struggled with leaving him. Even though he was so horrible, he was all I had.” One brave young mom shares her story of overcoming addiction, prostitution and an abusive boyfriend.
“You have shown me I can make it on my own and that I’m okay to be alone, that I can stand up for myself, and people don’t have to cross my boundaries. Also, you have given me a firm foundation, and a basis of knowledge for what abuse is and looks like. You are all amazing, and have had a major impact on me and my daughter. You all hold a special spot in our lives. I will miss you all very much!”
~ Former Sonshine Resident who graduated from the program in 2014
View Sonshine’s Audited Financial Statements for Fiscal 2014 (PDF).
Thank you to all of our amazing 2014 Community Partners! View the Donor Wall.